We all want to make money overnight, but does that really work?
How Do You Make Money Fast?
After scouring the internet for the “top ways to make money fast” here is what I found.
- Playing Video Games To Make Money
- There are multiple apps that supposedly pay you to play video games. Some people who have done this account to making little or no money at all.
- Taking Surveys
- Taking surveys for different companies was a big thing a few months ago. Many people online told you that it was possible to make $500 per day just to complete these surveys. After the whole fad was done the truth came out, these survey websites would only give you a few surveys that produced little to no cash, and all that you had done was take a survey and provide the app with information about you.
- Reposting Other People’s Content
- A few months ago I saw a video on YouTube that stated you can make viral videos without making an actual video. Naturally, my curious self took over so I watched the whole video. To sum up the 15 minute production, you took other viral videos from off the internet and put them together in your own video and then just did a voiceover, and there you have it.
- “Betting” On Stocks
- The term “betting” is more professionally called in the Wall Street world “Stock Options.” This is essentially where you guess maybe an educated one but nevertheless if a stock is going to rise in price or fall after a certain time period. The main reason that these stock trading strategies don’t really work is because most of what you are doing is speculating.
Where Is The Value?
All of the above mentioned ways to “make money fast” lack one thing in common and that is value. Value is what drives capitalism and keeps it alive and fair. The whole misconception of capitalism being a legal form of stealing is immediately entombed with the argument of value. We the people of America have the obligation to buy something if it’s cheap compared to if it’s overpriced, that is what makes our economic systems so amazing. If one company is selling their product for too high of a dollar amount and not receiving any sales, then they will naturally be forced to lower that price so that they can make money.
Now back to the get rich fast schemes above. Every single example listed produces almost no value for anyone else. But what about the survey gig, that provides valuable feedback to the company, right? Actually no, not at all. You receive a random survey for a company or product that you most likely have never or will never use. You answering questions on a survey in this fashion, just gives the company misconceptions about there products which can actually hurt them. You are not only not providing value, you’re taking value away in this scenario.
On the other hand, when you work for a company as an employee, then you are providing value. And if you are not then you will be fired. This is why working for someone else is usually the easiest way to earn a stable income. The founder of the business already took the risk of possibly not having a company that provides value, but as an employee you work for a system that works. The owner of the company, on top of the risk he or she took, spent many long and hard days starting it. If they had just felt like it was time for a vacation as many employees can do, the company would have never succeeded.
What About The Get-Rich-Fast Success’s
All the time we hear about other people who became rich in an instant. Some won the Powerball, others owned Dogecoin (seriously?). But then after this happens we generally never hear about them again. Why is that? Because they go broke. According to ryanhart.org, 30% of lottery winners declare bankruptcy. With such an enormous amount of money ending up at these people’s front doors they believe it will never run out, that is their downfall.
80% of lottery winners use their reward money to buy liabilities, not assets. Only a meager amount of prizewinners buy stocks, bonds, or pay off their debt. When such a rainfall of money appears, such as they have never seen before, they don’t know how to use it. That is why slowly acquiring money over a lifetime is so beneficial. The money that does come consistently, week by week, or month by month, can be budgeted and saved. If only a limited quantity of money comes to us each month we appreciate it more fully, and use it more wisely.
Don’t Just Learn To Save!
Don’t just learn to save, learn to invest! With inflation rising all around us like a flood, your money is losing its value. To retain the value of your money against inflation you need to invest it! There are many ways to do this, some ideas are: putting your savings in a mutual fund, a Treasury Inflation-Protected Security (TIPS) bond, or an index fund. Other than what I just covered there are many more ways to do this. The ways I just stated are good for the long run but definitely not for a short period of time. If you would like to learn more about mutual funds, or the TIPS bond please let me know in the comments below!
What Does The Bible Say?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.Proverbs 13:11 (ESV)
As you can see plainly God does not approve of seeking to make money quickly but to slowly gather it up, little by little. The word hastily in this verse also means by fraud. God wants us to work diligently for our money, and to not try to earn it instantly.
A faithful man will abound with blessings, but whoever hastens to be rich will not go unpunished.Proverbs 28:20 (ESV)
Again God pounds into us that we must not try to grow rich “hastily” but to be faithful with the gifts and talents that we have received from him.
A stingy man hastens after wealth and does not know that poverty will come upon him.Proverbs 28:22 (ESV)
Lastly, we should not keep our wealth so that we never give to others. God commands us to give to the church, and the poor, and many others. But when doing this He will also bless us. That does not mean that if you give X amount of dollars God will give you back Y amount. It means when giving money and services in the right heart, He will bless us each according to our gifts.
Thanks For Reading!
Thanks so much for reading! If you enjoyed this article please comment and share this with a friend. Also if you have a yearning to be an entrepreneur check out this online course YEM, through my affiliate link! I have recently started taking it my self. And before you leave check out The Creation Club were I have started to write for! Until next time, In Christ, Austin Anderson